Dear Republican Voter,
SHIRLEY CHISHAM, a thirty-four year resident of Van Zandt County and recently retired Team Lead for the Child Support/Legal Department of the Office of the Attorney General of Texas, announces her Republican candidacy for Van Zandt County Tax Assessor-Collector.
Chisham, a graduate of Grand Saline High School, served a distinguished twenty-four years with the Office of the Attorney General of Texas (OAG). Chisham began her career as a receptionist and through almost two-and-one-half decades of dedicated service was promoted to the highest ranks of her division. Chisham’s professional career included tenure as a Child Support Officer/Negotiator, Special Projects Officer, Financial Officer, Ombudsman and finally as the Team Lead for the Child Support/Legal Department. Complimenting her term with the OAG, Chisham also served as Court Clerk for the late Van Zandt County Justice of the Peace Cranfill Jordan.
At each of these vital positions, Chisham routinely exercised sound judgment and an extraordinary level of proficiency and productivity. Her aptitude and innovative style was responsible for countless advancements that ultimately increased efficiency of services. She would like to utilize her experience, work ethic and expertise to serve the citizens of Van Zandt County.
Chisham asserted, “When elected, I will humbly serve the citizens of Van Zandt County by bringing a customer service oriented level of professionalism to the office of Tax Assessor-Collector.” She explained that she will achieve this goal with improvements in six key areas:
- Be more sensitive to the needs of citizens by requiring that the main Tax Assessor-Collector office remain open during lunch hours – a practice not currently applied,
- Petition the Commissioners for a five-day week at the Ben Wheeler Tax Assessor-Collector substation,
- Work with Texas Parks and Wildlife to reinstate policy for registering boats in the main office,
- Demand transparent and conclusive accountability of all collected fees and employees,
- Save the tax-payers money by working within a conservative budget,
- Unilaterally treat each citizen fairly, equally and with due respect.
Chisham concluded by adding, “With your support, I will apply my skills and experience in service to the citizens of Van Zandt County as a leader in innovation, customer service and professionalism. Please vote for me, Shirley Chisham, in the 2012 Republican Primary. Early voting begins May 14-25, 2012.”
Shirley and Dean Chisham have been married for 21 years and have successfully operated a local painting contractor business for the past 18 years. They have one son, Doug Parker; daughter-in-law, Julie; and two wonderful grandchildren, Riley and Valerie, all who reside in McKinney, Texas.